CJBennett
CJBennett, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Briggs and Stratton Master Service Tech, Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki certified. 18 years exp.
17032296

I have a Troybilt Model #12001 Mini-Tiller w/ a Tecumseh TC-II

I have a Troybilt Model #12001 Mini-Tiller w/ a Tecumseh TC-II engine. My father has had it in his garage for 2 years and cannot answer my question due to Alzheimer's disease.

If this engine has a choke where would I find it? I have already downloaded the Owner's Manual and Tecumseh Service Manual and I cannot locate it in any diagrams. The Owner's Manual says if there is a choke it must be engaged for starting.

Thanks

Hello. The choke will be down by the carb. It will be a lever style. Make sure the tiller has fresh fuel in it. Close the choke. Pull it till it starts. Then open the choke.

CJ