James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years

I have a Sears Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (917.37290). I

I have a Sears Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (917.37290). I need a new carburetor (632795A, I think) and the linkage on top of it (my other one broke). Also, I do have a picture of the linkage, or how it is supposed to connect to the carburetor. Otherwise, I'll have to take it to Sears. Alternatively, I'll just have to buy a new lawn mower, but it might be cheaper to fix this one, if it's possible. Thanks for any help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Could you check the model number once more again for me..

It seems to have 1 too few digits..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, I "fat-fingered" the number. It's supposed to beNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

Carburetor can be found here..

Thanks for the correction.. This is the mower number.. the engine will have a different number. It is either on the front of the shroud above the headbolts, or on a tiny metal tab on the breather assembly (valve cover screw).

But without the correct ENGINE model number, I can not make 100% sure it is the right one..

Linkage if still available should also be able to be found there..

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Engine-No isNNN-NN-NNNN

The carburetor is the correct one, I think (I got that from Sears), but I also need a picture of the linkage that sits on top of it, which contains the "turtle" and "rabbit" illustrations for speed adjustment (the "throttle" adjuster). Thanks.

Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

The model number of the tecumseh engine is

TVS120-63930M That is tecuseh's OEM number.

Click here to download

Go to chapter 4. (page 26 to start)

You will be able to see detailed linkage diagrams and instructions..

Then parts breakdown diagrams and part numbers here!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=143.966010&pop=flush

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. With the Sears diagram, I was lost, but with the Tecumseh diagram, I think I'll be able to connect a new carburetor (and its clumsy linkage). Thank you again for responding so quickly and pointing me in the right direction.