Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Ariens EZR 2048 zero turn mower. The right hand hydro-gear

Customer Question

I have a Ariens EZR 2048 zero turn mower. The right hand hydro-gear barely moves, the belt is fine. The shaft is loose. Is there a fix with replacing the entire hydro gear.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  PK. replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me the model or reference number of the Hydro-Gear unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for responding back. I omitted a word on my corespondance yesterday. It should have read, Is there a fix without replacing the entire hydro gear? You asked for the model or reference number of the hydro gear unit. Today I tried to find the number, but couldn't. So I dropped the unit down and found the spline on the drive pully was stripped out. The shaft on the hydro unit is ok. All I need to buy is the pully Kit. I'm ok to go now. Thanks for responding.