Joe Mechanic
Joe Mechanic, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  2 yrs Power Mechanics.. been rebuildind small engines and repair for alot of years

I have a Troy-Bilt pressure washer, model 01902, 2350 psi.

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Bilt pressure washer, model 01902, 2350 psi. I did an oil change in the following manner: removed oil plug, drained oil; replace plug, poured maybe 6oz of oil-gas rinse mixture into Oil Fill, shook machine a little; removed oil plug--nothing came out???--; replaced oil plug, turned machine on side and drained oil-gas rinse; poured fresh synthetic oil in Oil Fill until dipstick showed it to be full-- about a 1/2 quart (is this enough)? Attached waterhoses, etc., started up pressure washer, allowed it to run for a few minutes. Checked oil level, still full. Out of curiousity, removed oil plug... nothing coming out??? Ran it for 10 minutes... engine sounds a little loud -- maybe it's just me, but I am concerned about whether there is some kind of blockage or something as no oil seems to be making its way down to the oil pan/plug???   Before I go out and seize up the engine can someone confirm whether there may or may not be a problem here and how to diagnose it?   Thx
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe Mechanic replied 7 years ago.

As far as why the oil isnt coming out.. That is a concern?? sounds like some sort of blockage.. I do recommend removing the sump pan.. and find out what obstructing the drain.. This could lead to a potential problem...

Just wanted to offer a suggestion on flushing the motor... Rather than using gasoline.. I'd use kerosene instead. and change the oil a few times afterward to make sure all of the flush additive is out... Let me know if i can be of further assistance.. Thanks, Joe