Delsley Jr
Delsley Jr, Mechanic
Experience:  Handyman & Small engine repair Business owner
13864765

my riding lawn mower will stop running after a few minutes

Customer Question

my riding lawn mower will stop running after a few minutes of mowing. what is wrong with it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James W replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

How old is it

What brand is it

what is the model and serial number of it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok i take and do bout 3 passes and then my lawn mower will start to die out. and then stop. so i leave it for an hour then go back out and it will start and go again but do the same thing. it is a 15.5 hp wizard. just bought it 2nd hand last night. the guy who slod it to us said it was fine. that he worked on it. he also works on mowers.
Expert:  Delsley Jr replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer.... Ok what we need to do is when it stops running on you is pull the spark plug out and check to see if it is firing at the plug. To check just pull the spark plug out and stick it back in the plug wire and ground the tip of the spark plug to the engine and crank it over like your trying to start it and see if there is any spark, you should have a good blue spark if it is firing. If it is not firing you most likely have a bad coil on it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks but dont need help. the guy we bought it from is coming to look at it. but thanks.