Joe Mechanic
Joe Mechanic, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  2 yrs Power Mechanics.. been rebuildind small engines and repair for alot of years

we have a troy bilt weed eater 2 cycle when you use it it slows

Customer Question

we have a troy bilt weed eater 2 cycle when you use it it slows down after a while 2 a stop what could b the problem
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe Mechanic replied 7 years ago.
How long after running the weedeater does this begin to happen?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

when it warms up good about 5 to 10 min

Sounds to me like this is on the exhaust end where your having this problem... Heres your options.. 1st option.. replace the exhaust... 2nd option.. although not recommended by EPA standards.. remove the screen inside the Exhaust.. this will allow the exhaust to breathe easier.. and in return probably take care of the problem.. they have these engines restricted so much that this becomes a common problem.. Hope this helps.. Thanks, Joe
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I already took the exhaust off it still had the probem could it be a fuel issue

well sure can.. when the motor dies out.. do you still see fuel in the primer bulb?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no and it never fills all the way up eather

If that the case.. the carb. is sucking to much air... How many times do you have to depress the primer bulb before you get fuel flowing?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
5 or 6 times
thats way to many.. heres what i would do.. first replace the bulb.. there may be a pin hole in it.. there only about $2.00 inpect the lines going to the tank make sure they have a tight seal (if tank has never been removed the lines should be ok).. I'm guessing though that the bulb is bad though... Let me know how that goes.. and if you need further assistance Just reply back to this thread anytime... Thanks, Joe