Delsley Jr
Delsley Jr, Mechanic
Experience:  Handyman & Small engine repair Business owner
13864765

Hi, I have a 1984 Troy Built Horse Tiller with a 6 Hp engine.

Hi, I have a 1984 Troy Built Horse Tiller with a 6 Hp engine. Starts right up. Has only been used about 10 times and has been completely gone over. I want to sell it but have no idea what it's worth. Any ideas?
HiCustomer... This is a tuff one with out seeing it . Do you have the model number for it ? Do you know what the price was when it was new ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It looks like model # XXXXX It has a 6 HP Tecumseh-Lauson cast iron engine, 4 forward speeds, 2 reverse speeds, It is very powerful - can be used to break up sod, manuel start, ( starts easy) I have all original manuals and paperwork. It was bought new in 1984 for $1200.00. A new one today costs $2000.00 Recently serviced to be sure it is in good working order.

Thanks! Julie

It is hard to set a price on items with out seeing them and with it being that old I would say around $200 to $350. BUt if it was mine I would take it to a small engine shop and see what they could suggest on a price that way it would be better with them seeing it or you could list it for sale and go with the best offer. I hope this helps it is just hard to price items like this .