CJBennett, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Briggs and Stratton Master Service Tech, Kohler, Tecumseh, Kawasaki certified. 18 years exp.

I have a Troy Bilt Tiller and i need parts for it but I cant

I have a Troy Bilt Tiller and i need parts for it but I cant find the model #. I have a serial #. It is an older model with a Tecumseh engine. Where can I get the information I need on the engine, and the Tiller itself?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  CJBennett replied 7 years ago.
The model number of the engine will be stamped into the sheet metal by the spark plug. Is this the "horse" tiller?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know if this particular model (unknown) is a "horse" tiller or not . On the transmission case is stamped TH-1003 over 31. It is a large walk behind rototiller with adjustable handles in order for the operator to walk behind the center, or the right or left hand side of the machine when it is working
Expert:  CJBennett replied 7 years ago.
That sure sounds like the Horse tiller. Those are one tough tiller, all cast iron. You can still get parts. Go to and check out the parts break down for the Horse tiller. You can probably identify your model there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The gas tank is right beside and above the spark plug. on the sheet metal around the corner from the spark plug I found these numbers HH60-105106F SER 8017R I am assuming the SER 8017R is the serial #. Is the HH60-105106F the model # XXXXX how much of this do I need to order parts or to get a parts catalog?
Expert:  CJBennett replied 7 years ago.
You need everything but the serial number. That's a 6 horse engine. That web site also has the parts manual for your engine.