J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a Poulan Pro PBV200LE Leaf Blower that either will not

I have a Poulan Pro PBV200LE Leaf Blower that either will not start or when it does will operate for a time and then peter out and quit running. Once warm and stopped I cannot restart it. I have cleaned it(it's not very old anyway), replaced the spark plug and installed a new carburetor. The new carb seemed to help for awhile; but, the problem continues. Have wondered if it's an ignition module issue - or something else?
The first thing that I would check is the ingition module. Runs the engine until it quits and then see if you still have spark. Check this out and let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and check as you have suggested. Will get back to you with the results.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

As best I can tell (don't have a spark tester) the plug is not firing when I pull the starter cord. Seems it could be an ignition module problem? Anyway to test the module, short of buying and installing a replacement module?

The only test is to remove the cover on the engine to expose the flywheel and ignition module. The module will have a small wire that connects to it. Unhook this wire and then test it for spark. I tyou still have no spark, then try a known good plug. If it still has no spark you will need an ignition module.