Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a murray 22 5.75 briggs and stratton push lawn mower

Customer Question

I have a murray 22" 5.75 briggs and stratton push lawn mower and the pull cord came out. i was wondering how to fix this? i already took the case off the top and it looks like the next covering is bradded to the engine housing and i could get it off with out breaking the brads. Any thoughts?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.
What is the model number off of the engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The cover says its a quantum throttle free design and the only numbers i can find are TBS 190UIGIRA:EM and then it say model 12V i hope this helps
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.
The number will be on the metal housing that you removed. The cover should have an indent where the spark plug wire comes out when it is installed. The numbers will be stamped into the metal here.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I got it apart and i think i have it figured out but i will use you guys in the future for any questions and as soon as i get my wallet in hand i am going to put a deposit down for future questions thanks alot
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.
Let me know if you need help with replacing the rope and rewinding the pulley.