J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

I have a areins snowblower model number 924026 8 hp from around

I have a areins snowblower model number 924026 8 hp from around the 70's there is a white whire hanging below the carb bowl coming from the front of the engine. and needs to go some where just do not see where it should go. Does not have lights or elec starter.

Is this a 4 cycle engine or 2 cycle? What kind of engine is it? The only wire that should be on this is the kill wire. Does this unit have a key switch on it? The wire should come from the coil and go to the kill switch. The kill switch may not be grounded at the location it is mounted and may have a wire that goes to ground it.

Go to this link below. The wiring diagram is listed under the drivetrain. I think the white wire is a ground wire. You will need to enter your model number and yours would be the second one with the 800 serial number.

Here is the picture of the wiring

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I belive it is a 4 cycle oil is not mixed with the gas. tecumseh hm 80-155319 L.the key has two wires red black the black goes to a connector with light tan going to the middle of the engine where the loose one comes from cant see inside where it goes coil? anothe light tan goes to the trottle and the red from key goes to a connector then to white under the unit not sure where it goes. loose wire to the other tan wire connector?
If you need anything else just come back to this same question and we will go from there. Thank you for the accept.