Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My juki DDL 8700 sees great with the presser foot down but I

Customer Question

My juki DDL 8700 sees great with the presser foot down but I need to sew lace with the presser foot up. The stitches won't latch with the foot up
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's probably 4yrs old juki DDL 8700
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you have your instructions manual?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but I don't think it's complete.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I do have the full one I am hoping that you will find this helpful with your problems.

http://www.juki.co.jp/industrial_j/download_j/manual_j/ddl8700b7/menu/ddl8700b7/pdf/instruction_eg.pdf

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only compensated for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this evening. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This was not my machine. In my manual I have seen nothing explaining sewing with the presser foot up. I have changed the needle, messed with tension, and rethreaded it to standard. I was hoping to talk to someone who has worked on industrial machines.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I personally have no worked on this machine before but I will certainly open this up to other experts to see if they may be able to assist further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you