Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Can the USB port be replaced on the janome 500e, Just

Customer Question

Can the USB port be replaced on the janome 500e
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just happened. While oiling the machine I accidentally left a USB stick in the USB port
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where to purchase the part needed
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 9 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I will help you the best I can ;-)

Yes that port can be replaced but it is a soldering component that needs to be replaced by someone who has experience in tiny electronic soldering. It only takes a few minutes to do that so its not an expensive repair at all. An experienced technician can do this with ease;-)

Many local vacuum cleaner repair shops also fix sewing machines, s if you can locate one, it will be much less expensive than sending it to janome.

If you have this experience, I will help you further.

Please let me know on that?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What parts will I need to purchase and how do I get the USB compartment open
Expert:  Michael replied 9 days ago.

Hi, You would need a nes USB board. But if you aren't even able to figure out how to open the case, you would o well to send it out for this repair. The soldering is extremely tiny and you will need equipment to do that and skill in that feild as you are really apt to do more harm just trying to remove the all the solder from the pins that connect to the main board. Even i have done that and I have been a military trained solderer. If one of the pads lifts during the de soldering process, you would have a nightmare on your hands for real.

If you still feel like this repair is for you, please by all means, let me knwo and we will go further. I just wanted you to be aware of what this one involves, and without the experience, its really a losing battle.Take it from me, a 45 year hands on Technician with these machines and many other device.

Anyhow, the part can be obtained from this site, (if it hasn't been discontinued).

LONG LINK LOL;-)

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/brands-products/Janome-Parts/Sewing-Machine-Parts?sid=ps:YAHOO_GEMINI:LGC_SB_Sewing_Exact:Janome:janome%20sewing%20machine%20part&k_clickID=83548f3f-8021-46d7-8412-93e1bfb053d7

Please rate kind at this time so I can remain with at no extra cost. No additional cost to rate cost to rate;-)

Thanks

Tech Michael