Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a Husqvarna 936 serger and the needle came loose. I

Customer Question

Hi I have a Husqvarna 936 serger and the needle came loose. I can't seem to put it back on
JA: What's the serger's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Husqvarna Viking 936 about 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if i cant do it where can i go for help
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 19 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

The needle has a set screw and a collar, if you loosen the screw and lift the color slightly you can replace the needle.

If that doesnt work, your machine will need a repair, but its a cheap fix on this one;-)

If that is the situation, you can check locally with the vacuum cleaner repair shops, most of them perform repaires on sewing machines as well;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I tried your suggestion about loosening the screw but the needle keeps falling off after I tightened it. Besides there are several screws in front and on the left side of the needle area
Expert:  Michael replied 19 days ago.

Hi the payment didn't go through,as of yet once it does I can talk you through this all;-)

Thanks

Tech Michael