Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

My Panasonic Steam Iron NI-W810CS does not turn on. I have

Customer Question

My Panasonic Steam Iron NI-W810CS does not turn on. I have used it one time only. When I plugged it in the Indicator Light did not come on. I have disconnected it and re-plugged it in and it still won't turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Hello, is anyone going to reply to my online question? How long do I wait? thanks
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here... Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thanks for your reply. I have a time commitment issue today of all days! I got the iron on Amazon.com in August. Used it once. Looked for trouble-shooting in the booklet but none are offered. So I did the disconnect a couple of time and even move to different outlets to see if that would work. I am so disappointed, I have a real important job to do today and I need my iron. Thanks!
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

When that happens normally the thermal fuse inside the unit is burned out, if you have power to the unit that is most likely the issue. They do not sell that separately so I would use Amazon's return service as you got a lemon.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.