kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I managed to seize up my washer ( front loading) by chenging

Customer Question

hi I managed to seize up my washer ( front loading) by chenging the cycle dial after the door had locked. Now I can press the control unlock and get a "loc" signal, but it won't unlock the door or start. Help! Thanks, Cathy
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: yahoo
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through firefox
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: from the manual, I pressed the control unlock for the countdown, and get the "loc" signal, and the door locked light is flashing. It makes the turn on noise, but nothing happens. I tried unpluging it, and tried turning off the circuit breaker but nothing changed. Kick it?
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no . thanks
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 24 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the make and model of the unit?