Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer does not shut off. It powers on

Customer Question

My Kitchen Aid stand mixer does not shut off. It powers on and speed controls are fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Older. KSM90WH
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. So it sounds like the problem is with either the control board.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Control-Board/WPW10325124/1877249?modelNumber=KSM90WH&ss=b121i324d109021&mr=1

This is the part for your unit you will need to replace. I hope you find this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Travis. Your last sentence is confusing. " Either control board"... Did you mean to add something else?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

My apologies I had meant to remove that I had though possibly the speed board but remembered you said in your original question that the speed works fine. So that would not be the problem.