Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

The bobbin case of my Bernina 880 fel out when I tried to

Customer Question

The bobbin case of my Bernina 880 fel out when I tried to adjust the bobbin tension. The springs are still in the machine. How do I get it back in?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a few hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i hope to. Our store tech won't be in until next Tuesday.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i watched the you-tube on removing and installing the bobbin case. The tech took off the springs and unscrewed a 6 mil. Screw? All of that is still in machine, but can't get the case back in.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 29 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the video shows everything to be just like your own Bernina's bobbin case and the place it fits into - everything of any major significance - then you need, if the procedure involves unscrewing and removing springs, then I would say, to put it back in, you need to remove them.

But! make quite sure the video's machine is indeed the same as your own model, before doing so. Following the wrong directions is bad.

Also: do you have a proper procedural instructions manual for your Bernina 880 ? because that would be, ultimately, the best resource to follow, as far as procedure for putting in the bobbin case again would go. So, in case it is of use to you, here is that Bernina 880 user guide/instruction manual:

https://www.bernina.com/en-US/SupportData/BERNINA-Nah-und-Stickmaschinen/BERNINA-8er-Serie/880/034791-50-04_Manual_B880_EN_online

and here also is the Tips (much shorter, 4 pages) for the 880's series, also:

https://www.bernina.com/de/SupportData/BERNINA-Nah-und-Stickmaschinen/BERNINA-8er-Serie/880/034926-50-04_880-Instructions-and-tips_EN_online.pdf

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.