Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I am set up to embroider on my BErnina QE 440 Aurora....the

Customer Question

I am set up to embroider on my BErnina QE 440 Aurora....the start button is flashing on my computer, but when I push the start button, nothing happens...
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Are you working on my question?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Can someone at least answer...are you working on my question?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 24 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check the connection with the Bernina... it may be connected physically, but the computer may not be recognizing the machine as such, perhaps.

Also, try using a different USB cable.

And make sure it is firmly plugged in at both ends (sometimes, with movement of the computer or the connected device, the USB cable may slip loose a bit, enough to interrupt the connection - especially at the connected device end, where the more-like-square plug is less firmly connected in most cases.

Has this hookup of Bernina QE440 to computer, worked previously, with this machine and the current computer?

That the START button flashes, might also mean that the connection is *not* ready, perhaps (...but I offer this thought only in case it might prove useful... not because I am at all sure of it.)

Let me know more about the circumstances of the problem, and the history of this machine and computer, and I will suggest other things to try, as appropriate.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Please cancel my request....this is taking too long. I cannot have everything on hold.....
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Good night....
Expert:  Russell H. replied 23 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that the service's first efforts were disappointing.

(You may, if you like, take up this question and case and inquiry/advice session, almost any time you wish to, by going back to

http://www.justanswer.com/small-appliance/a0d2c-set-embroider-bernina-qe-440-aurora-the.html )

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Russell, I did all of the above and it still won't work. Yes, I did use this with my current computer about a year ago, and I did embroider a couple things with satisfaction.
I am going to be going to bed shortly and tomorrow I will be away most of the day. I have a one day course I am taking so I won't be available to do anything until possibly around 8 pm in the evening. I will give it another try, and see what happens. I did do everything you suggested already, without any success (this was before I received your answer). Perhaps you have another suggestion? I am wanting to do some Xmas sewing so I would like this problem resolved, if possible.
Thank you, *****
Expert:  Russell H. replied 22 days ago.

OK, I see. I have a few queries about details of the problem, whenever you have time to check on them (this evening or later is fine):

Within what software, is the Start button flashing, on your computer, please?

If your computer worked with the Bernina machine a year ago, perhaps the computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 since then? What version of Windows was on the computer a year ago, and what version of Windows is new on the computer, please?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have windows 7 and that has not changed. The software that comes with the Bernina QE Aurora 440 is the start button that flashes on my computer. It walks you throught the steps. There is a utube for my Bernina and it also walks you through the steps, shows you exactly what to do. Like I said, when the instructions shows you to push the start button on my sewing machine.....nothing happens. This is a mystery to me.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 21 days ago.

Do you have the CD or DVD disc, for the Bernina software, inserted in your newer computer's disc drive?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Russell, I have tried everything you have suggested - and BEFORE you suggested. Do you have the CD or DVD disc, for the Bernina software, inserted in your newer computer's disc drive? Like I said before, it is the same computer, no I do not have a CD or DVD disc for the Bernina software, it was downloaded and I just downloaded the 30 day trial Version 8 software.
In the meantime, I noticed that you have taken the extra $30.00 from my credit card and the problem is NOT RESOLVED. I don't mind paying for the service if the problem is resolved, but as a senior on a limited pension, I can't afford to just throw my money away.
Hopefully, you can get this to work or refund my money.
Thank you,
Shirley Caulfield

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I hope I may try to continue solving the problem, also... ?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Are you still looking for a solution for my problem or are you assigning someone else to it? RSVP. Thank you.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

I would like to help.

The blinking Start button means that something is not right with the system generally, so embroidery may not start yet. I suggest these things as just a few basic examples of what to check, your own good sense will suggest other things I'm sure, or already has:

The lower thread may be not filled, for instance.

The presser foot may not be in the right position.

And in general - is the Bernina machine connected to the PC, and recognized? try re-seating the cable between machine and PC, at both ends, and also try a different USB port on the computer.