Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I bought a singer stylist Zigzag Model 466. Unfortunately I

Customer Question

Hi! I'm Daniel. I bought a singer stylist Zigzag Model 466. Unfortunately I was not able to check until I went home, the bobbin is not working as the top gear is worn out. I purchased a replacement online but I don't know how to dismantle the worn out gear and install the replacement?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Only today as I received the replacement
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. If only I know someone who knows how to do it close to my location. Since I didn't know no one, I'll try to do myself with help from here?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: as of now this my big concern, I think there's no much problem about the machine other than the gear
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Daniel, please see pages 3-5 of the following parts diagram booklet for details of how the gear is fitted in this machine:

http://homeappliance.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/singer/466k.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete. Yes I have opened that part chart, but what I need is the procedure where and how to start disassembling the upper parts to get into the gear which is at the middle part of the machine. There are lot of small parts above the gear, disassembling and assembling them back after installing the new gear looks very complicated. I just want to know the sequence, I'm afraid I might not be able to put back those small parts to its proper position or timing? Pls help thanks!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

All we have to go by is the parts diagram. You can start by removing the outermost parts first, and work towards the middle of the machine.

As long as the parts are reassembled as shown in the diagram, they will be in the correct position.

You can take photos as you go along if it helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I'll try to do that when I don't have OT on Sat or Sunday. I hope everything will alright. Thank you!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Let me know how you get on :)