Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I just bought a new consew 206rb-5 excited. Never used a

Customer Question

I just bought a new consew 206rb-5 excited. Never used a machine before. tested and wound bobbin. now it is not mving at all. the motor turns, belt turns, needle, presser foot dont move. even with manual turn
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: i just typed an entire paragraph
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: what do you mean? yes I am just looking for the direction on what to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just bought a new consew 206rb-5 excited. Never used a machine before. tested and wound bobbin. now it is not mving at all. the motor turns, belt turns, needle, presser foot dont move. even with manual turn
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If this 'mostly immobility' of the machine occurred immediately after winding the bobbin, then the cure is simple: take the machine back out of bobbin-winding mode.

Bobbin-winding mode disables and takes out of working, the needle and presser foot. They should not be working while a bobbin is winding, to prevent accidents and inconvenience.

That should cure the problem... if you need instructions as to how to take your Consew machine out of bobbin-winding mode, just let me know... it may be in your instructions also, for the machine. (If you lack an instruction book for your machine, I will see if I can obtain a copy, hopefully free, for you.)