John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I own a Husqvarna Prisma 980 sewing machine (approx 30yrs

Customer Question

I own a Husqvarna Prisma 980 sewing machine (approx 30yrs old). The sealed unit power cord has a broken wire and there is no power to the foot. Can I purchase a replacement power unit or can it be repaired? My machine is in perfect condition other than this problem. My email is:***@******.*** or contact number is(###) ###-#### My name is*****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please call Support at 1.***-***-**** to find out if the power unit is available, or to have it repaired. You can also contact your local dealer.

To find your closest dealer, please click here ===> http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/Find-a-Store and enter your zip code.

I would call them first, and if they cannot ship a new power unit, I would go to a dealer for repair. Ask for an estimate first.

Good luck!