kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I have a 222K Singer sewing machine which was given to me

Customer Question

I have a 222K Singer sewing machine which was given to me years ago and I have never used it but would like to now. the first 19 pages of the manual are missing. I have oiled it in all the recommended places. when I attempted to sew with it, the lower bobbin case was barely letting the thread thru, so I loosened the tension nut. However, the top thread keeps cutting off as soon as it enters the bobbin case. what can I do to fix this. I am not by the machine right now but at work.
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is 60 years old. I just looked up the Serial Number earlier.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: there is no Singer dealer where I live. I was going to try it if not too complex, otherwise would likely take to a dealer in larger centre when we go on next trip to either Grande Prairie, AB or Edmonton, AB CAN
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure, I'm sure its hasn't been used for at least 40 years. and can I download the user manual somewhere? as well as instruction on how to use the button hole attachment? I haven't used one in years since I was very young
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the FULL modle # of your sewing machine, I may be able to get you a free copy of the full manual;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael