Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have you ever serviced an Oliso iron? It's a new issue: I

Customer Question

Have you ever serviced an Oliso iron?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It's a new issue: I last used it 3-4 months ago and for whatever reason did not dump water out of reservoir. Went to use and noticed tannish like scum all along the , I guess, heating rod on bottom of reservoir and I've shook the irn, tried diluted vinegar and water and it wont come out. I think it has to be opened up to clear the scum out.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Hello. . . I can't use it with scum in the water. How can I get the scum out?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can I would.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do you need to know?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I am not seeing much for parts for these, but do you have a specific model number?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
something 1600 for quilters and sewers.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, TG 1600, thank you. How long did you allow the white vinegar to be in the iron?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When will he be calling me? May I set up a specific time?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I don't think a phone call from me will be beneficial, there are no replacement parts available that I can see and no service information available. I will place this back to the list in case another may have information on it. It appears to be imported and not serviceable.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just a few minutes, not long.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It will take hours for the acetic acid to clean the components inside. I would put vinegar in it and leave it over night and see if the results improve.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think you're right; whenever I've used vinegar for other solutions, I've been instructed to wait much longer times. Thank you I'll do it right now cause I'm WAAAAAAY behind on preparing material for my quilting jobs. If I contact this website to let you know whether this works or not do I just write your name in request space?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You can just reply right back here. Once you offer a rating, it will lock you in to me so you should have no trouble getting back.

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!