Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

XR-65 SEW MACH. THE NEEDLE CLAMP COMPLETELY FELL OFF DURING

Customer Question

XR-65 SEW MACH. THE NEEDLE CLAMP COMPLETELY FELL OFF DURING SEWING. NEED TO KNOW HOW THE CLAMP AND THREAD GUIDE GO BACK TOGETHER AND HOW THEY STAY ATTACHED TO THE BAR
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To re-attach an XR-65 needle clamp, you must tighten a different screw-threaded little piece, than the one that hold the needle on. It has a little hole in it for an Allen wrench, a tiny hexagonal hole.

It fits in above where the flat-headed needle clamping screw goes.

( Possibly, it may look like this:

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/needle-clamp-screw-brother-ls-2125-sewing-machine.aspx )

Make sure you put the needle clamp on facing forward, properly, of course. There should be a J shaped part which goes into a hole on the bottom of the needle clamp assembly.

This is a picture of the needle bar assembly:

https://www.brothermachines.com/imagelibrary/NBTGA01(400).jpg

Many have complained about this problem, and this needle clamp assembly. I have found all the helpful information about it that I could and put it together for your answer. Let me know if you need further help - or, the location of a Brother Authorized repair center... near your zip code / locality. If your Brother machine is less than a year old, warranty repair should be free there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
too late. The website made it appear that you were online and available at the time I asked my question. I waited 3 hours, then studied the clamp and fixed it myself. your answer did not come until 5:30 the next morning. I was back to sewing long before your answer came. Loved your answer tho. Very good description on how to fix problem. Very thorough, and the info was in a language anyone could understand, no to technical.

Thank you for the praise.

At the time I put together the answer to your question - if I may explain - there was a great backlog of questions, a large volume that suddenly appeared on Oct. 1 and Oct. 2. I tried to take all that I could, but some were not gotten to swiftly enough, obviously, and yours was one of those.

I don't even know that a late response deserves any rating. I don't ask you to rate my work - but again, thank you for appreciating the effort I put into researching and illustrating a suggested solution.

And I'm glad to hear that you have a solution now. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com, and please feel welcome to return again to ask other questions, as needed.