Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a new Janome DC2014 and love it. The cabinet it is

Customer Question

I have a new Janome DC2014 and love it. The cabinet it is used in/on has a built in lift with a "V" shaped platform for the machine to sit upon. The lift is a "Tip-Matic amd says "made in Germany". How should I attach my sewing machine to this lift? I do not see that any of the holes in the lift line up with any of the screws/holes in the sewing machine. I am somewhat limited in what I can lift so the use of this mechanical lift is almost a necessity.
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just purchased it in the last 6 months.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am a retired engineer and have wood and metal working skils.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I just need mounting suggestions/plans
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi, was this cabinet made for that sewing machine? Or is it a generic one that would fit your sewing machine if we altered it?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Generic
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Offer to call is not a good one here, very poor phone service, so let's do this on-line
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for that, Ok I would just match it up as best you can so it fits the best, ***** ***** new holes. You can get nuts and bolts from any local hardware store for this. I would use aircraft nuts because they dont come loose with vibration for this application;-)

They are cheap, and basically all they are is nuts with a nylon bushing to keep them tight despite constant start snd stop vibrations;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any Janome DC2014 specific details. The bottom of the machine is full of screws and fittings and I am reluctant to just start removing screws for fear of what may fall off on the other, VERY hard to access, side. My whole purpose was to get more DC2104 info as the dealer was less than helpful.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thanks for that information.

For this one, you will need an experienced Sewing machine technician. There are special gauges needed to fix this one. I know with this one well. Likely all that happened is a timing issue, and what usually causes this is just a loose shaft collar.

But that needs to be set by a tech.

Most local vacuum repair shops also service sewing equipment.

Check locally because shipping to a factory shop is expensive. Any Sewing machine tech can fix this for you and they wll t

Please rate my service kindly.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael