kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I'm a new user to a 1541s...beautiful machine. Problem...the

Customer Question

I'm a new user to a 1541s...beautiful machine. Problem...the thread from the lower bobbin won't pickup for some reason. I have used the machine on practice pieces at slow speed and seemed to be fine. Haven't had a problem with picking up the thread for sewing.
The thread weight is correct #69
bobbin direction is correct according to manual.
I was sewing a 1-1/4 wide strap for a backpack and went off the strap by a stitch or two.
thread was tangled,but not to bad...that came out just fine. Check underneath in the cassette..no thread that I could see...seems clean. Then proceeded to re-hook the thread...several times....no luck. I took a look underneath and did not want to re-adjust anything before seeking advise....I don't think the needle is bent, but will check that as well...I'm easy on machinery that is for sure...a bit frustrated as you might imagine...
Any advise would be most appreciated....
Thank You,
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Most causes of thread pick up issues tend to be with the bobbin binding for some reason, especially if it works at slower speeds and not faster speeds. Is the bobbin area clean and free of all foreign particles, fabric pieces, etc?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

See the link below.

CLICK HERE

Is the adjustment correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bob in area is clean, used dental picks..no extra thread pieces found. I did see video on adjusting needle with cam pickup. I didn't want to get there at this point, but I may just have to. Speed is about 950. Problem ocured when I went off the 1-1/4 strap by about 2 stitches. Cleared the over run thread loop and of course broke thread. Started to read hook thread to finish the job. That's went it wouldn't hook up again. I'm easy on equipment and have made practice runs on vinyl. I could try to rest the cam to needle is what suspect, but not sure of what screw (s) to loosend to move cam or hook plate. I'll wAtchison video a few times
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The service manual for your machine is attached.