Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Trouble with my brand new Juki. uneven stitiches, look fine

Customer Question

trouble with my brand new Juki. uneven stitiches, look fine on top but underside shows skipped stitches and a bit of tangling. Tried a different thread, checked needle to thread size, bobbin wound evenly, threaded right, machine threaded correctly. HELP!
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is the needle completely straight? Have you tried using a new, straight, sharp needle?

Also check for any buildup of lint around the mechanism underneath the sewing area.

Let me know what you find..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The machine is brand new. This is my second project. I have a new needle in it and have removed the throat plate to check for lint. Everything checks out. It sewed perfectly for a while. Suspected it might be the wrong kind of thread since the problem started when I changed the thread to match the color of this project. Went and purchased new thread. Problem still exists.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, so you are sure that the bobbin is placed correctly and the threading is correct as per the manual, have you also tried adjusting the tension as per the manual?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete. Tried adjusting the tension as per the manual. This machine has auto adjusting tension but I adjusted it anyway both tightening and then loosening. Problem persists. Am seriously considering returning the machine.