Webb-Guy, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Pressure foot cannot be raised. I have Singer model 6233.

Customer Question

pressure foot cannot be raised.I have Singer model 6233. When I tried it out I found that the pressure foot was crooked. Well. I found a small screw that seemed to be the one that held the bar holding the pressure foot ; so ... I loosened the screw. Sure enough it was the one alright but there was an awful twange and it plunged down and there it is. I can physically raise it but whatever turned loose (maybe a spring?) is not readily seen and now I am totally nervous about anymore adventuring .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. It is actually a pretty common issue and definitely sounds to me like a spring has come loose. If you call a repair shop they will tell you the same thing. Its not an expensive fix but its about finding the exact spring that has come loose or of course replacing the whole foot pedal.

I was able to locate a link that should sale what ever you decide to look for. Foot pedals or springs. I hope you find this answer helpful and if you do please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have follow up questions please feel free to reach back out to me on this thread.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.