kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances

Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus - it will not turn off unless I

Customer Question

Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus - it will not turn off unless I unplug it. Had it in once for repair in Nov. 2014 with a problem I can't remember, think it was the blade was not turning. Has been working since then, but now this problem.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It happened a few months back - it only happened, at the time, during making dough. And when I found this, I stopped using it. It's just been sitting, because I've been too busy to do anything about it. Just getting around to it now. But I tried it again this morning and the same problem of not turning off is still there. I think I might have to send it in again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I'm not that handy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I guess I just need to know where to send it, and do I need to send the whole unit, or just the base.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I can ask my husband to take a look, but it appears he would have to take the unit apart to do that.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you?

Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

There are several reason why it might not turn on, but in your case there's really only one reason it won't shut off. It must have a bad switch that is no longer breaking contact.