Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Singer (Model 2010) sewing machine ande the feed

Customer Question

I have a Singer (Model 2010) sewing machine ande the feed dogs have recessed and will not make the material feed thru the machine. The lever inthe back of the machine is set on the feed dogs in the up position, but they are not up and the lever will not move. Pat Lorenz @*****@******.***
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Pat,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Has the machine recently been serviced?

The feed dogs may have gotten stuck due to a buildup of lint or a lack of oiling.

Try removing the feed dog plate and clean out any buildup of lint, then apply some oil to the feed dog mechanism to get it moving freely again.

Let me know if that works?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am unable to remove the feed dog plate (already tried this) and yes the machine was serviced 1 week ago for the same problem and it worked about 2 0r 3 days and same problem reoccurred
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, then your best option is to return it to the person who serviced it as it would appear the original problem was not fully resolved.