kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances

My singer sewing machine is a model # 4530C and I am having

Customer Question

My singer sewing machine is a model # 4530C and I am having a problem with the bobbin thread and I can hear it moving in the machine when I am sewing then it locks up and I have to pull the thread or fabric to get it out. Is the case wore out, need cleaning or what.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That might be either the bobbin being the wrong size (so, obviously, try a different bobbin or two), or the bobbin case being off-spec, either with poor manufacture or perhaps with being worn out.

Let me know whether trying a different bobbin produces different results. (Bobbins are not made as well as they used to be, not even by Singer. Classic sewing machine's parts were at least made with some considerable precision and quality control... but try a different bobbin or two, I'd say.)

Let me know the result please, by the Reply To Expert option. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I just bought some new bobbins from Singer on line I just used one but I will try another one. But I feel it the case is me problem I haven't used the machine in some time because if that & I had a hard time getting it in the right way & it sews a few stitches then skips and nots up

Might be the bobbin case, admittedly. But also check your tension settings. Knotting may be owing to loose tension; if the bobbin thread or bottom thread is what is knotting up, then the bobbin thread or lower thread tension may be too loose. Tensions might change, if a machine has been sitting for a long time.