kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

Bosch Benevuto 20 Grinder problem. Grinder runs but does not

Customer Question

Bosch Benevuto B 20 Grinder problem. Grinder runs but does not grind beans - in fact it appears to push beans out and never pull them down into grinder. I have vacuumed all out and put compressed air in to make sure it was clean. problem still exists
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

IS the grinder running?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
as explained - the grinder runs but does not grind beans .. in fact appears to be just letting beans on surface

Is the plate broken off the grinder motor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No parts appear to be broken, at least I can see no broken parts or hear no rattle inside when I took it outside to blow compressed air
into the grinder area

Can you see the grinder? Does it turn?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Appears to be turning as beans move around on top of grinder area, just do not go down into grinder and grind.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I said it appears to be turning as beans move on top but do not go down into grinder area. I did have some oily beans in the recent past
but not any longer.