Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

Cannot open the door to Microwave. ModelNN-79455 Serial

Customer Question

cannot open the door to Microwave.
ModelNN-79455 Serial #6F35180963
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If the door does not open when the latch is pushed, you will need to remove the outer shroud from the unit. There are screws and some security screws along the back edge of the shroud. Once those are out you can slide the outer shroud off to get at the latch to see what piece is broken. This can be a couple things that often break you just need to take it apart and check it out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!