Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My gaggenau coffee maker is giving me the error message

Customer Question

My gaggenau coffee maker is giving me the error message trays missing and will not move past this. I have cleaned the trays and sensors. Any ideas?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # of your coffee maker so I can help?

Also approximately how old it is?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael,
Model number is ***** Gaggenau 200 Series Coffee Machine. It is approximately 5 years old.
Please advise.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for that information. Last question.

Have you tried unplugging the coffee maker for 1 full hour at least then trying it again with the same results?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have even unplugged it for 24 hours to try the hard reset.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

WIth this one usually this is just a bad sensor, specifically, the one in the unit that looks for the tray.

Its pretty easy to replace if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools. You Will save a LOT by doing this one yourself if you can, I will help you all the way ;-)

The best place to get that sensor is: http://www.gaggenau-eshop.com/eshop/gaggenau/us/coffeemachines.htm

I would call for this part: 1-***-***-****.

Sat 6am to 3pm PST

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Michael,
I am not able to find the sensors. When I called customer service they walked me through the below link. Is there another place to find them:
http://www.gaggenau-eshop.com/eshop/gaggenau/us/prodp.htm?prod=CM200610%2f02&ESHOPTYPE=A
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Good morning, yes, I see that all they seem to have is the maint kits for this one;-(

Please try these guys: http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/b190/Gaggenau-Parts

Call Repair Clinic:

• 1-***-***-****
  • This part just senses the try in or out of place;-)
  • Just tell them that and they should be able to locate that for you from their stock.
  • Please rate kindly at this time so I can remain with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
  • Thank you
  • Tech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Michael,
I have looked on the web-site you provided with no luck. Can you please find a place to order this exact part as this is what I had thought I was paying for not just leads to sites with me having to search through.
Please advise when you have found the part. Laura
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Hi Laura,

I will check on that this weekend, I am out of the office right now one of my only days off this month.

Please drop me a line Sunday anytime and I will have that information for you, price and all;-)

Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend Laura!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello!? I have not been assigned to a new expert nor have I had my answer answered! I would like my money refunded as no one has been able to help me with in the past month.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.

Good morning Laura,

they should know the part you need. Please let me know if they dont and you are still having this issue?

I may have another source for the part. I know this issue well.

Thank you.

Sincerely

Tech Michael