kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

Cuisinart electric knife: how to disassemble without

Customer Question

cuisinart electric knife: how to disassemble without breaking the blade holding assembly
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im sorry to hear your having this problem. May I have the full model # ***** your Knife. Also its approximate age so I can help here.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The cuisinart electric knife is a CEK40/CEK40C. I have had it for about one year and have used it only 4 times.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi thanks for that information. What is wrong with it? I will help you anyway;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The switch doesn't always make when you squeezeit- I'm guessing some gunk got into the contacts (like meat juice or BBQ sauce). I'm thinking if I disassemble and clean out the gunk, it will operate fine. Problem is, I do not want to destroy the plastic collar on the knife end of the unit. Need your advice as to how to open that plastic collar so I can get at the switch and inspect and/or clean it.
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi once you remove the blades, then you need to take the handle apart, once you have it partially separated, the collor in front will be removable, please let me knwo when you get that far ;-