Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My husky lock 905 is jammed. I removed needles, all threads

Customer Question

my husky lock 905 is jammed. I removed needles, all threads and disengaged the cutter, it is still jammed.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If there is nothing as simple as a part of a broken needle that fell into the works... then this is probably a problem for a repair shop. Sewing machine linkages do occasionally jam up, lock up, and prevent usage of the machine, and generally that cannot be aided except in a repair shop.

Prevention usually consists of periodic lubrication, and not subjecting the machine to damp conditions.

Fortunately such machines often have a long warranty period. How old is your model 905, measured from its date of purchase?

Do you know of anything that happened just before, or at the same time as, the jamming up of the machine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I used compressed gas duster and machine oil on the moving parts I could see, changed the needles, and kept working it until it finally started to run smoothly.

I'm glad to hear that lubrication helped, as I mentioned. It's good to hear that there was a favorable result.

Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thank your for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.