kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I've a Electrolux Discovery Plus upright which I've been

Customer Question

I've a Electrolux Discovery Plus upright which I've been using for 20 or more years...love it.
The other day my wife was using and unknowingly she had not replaced a bag into it after disposing of the full bag. Anyway after vacuuming for about 5 minutes the dust and dirt collected in the empty bag compartment ejected out of somewhere and now we have no suction although it powers up and the brushing rollers all work fine. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael Glaub replied 6 months ago.

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. There are a couple things you need to check depending on the age of the vacuum........ 1. Was there a filter beneath the bag? If so it needs to be cleaned. 2. When you turn the vacuum on, are both motors running ( main as well as the power head motor)? 3. If you take a flashlight and look down the bag compartment you should see the top of the motor/ fan assembly, is it clogged? If so, you will need to remove the 4 screws (2 at rear off unit, 2 inside bag compartment) that hold the top body to the lower body off as well as the handle (1 screw) and clean out that fan assembly to allow air flow. 4. Is there an exhaust filter on the side of the vacuum, if so, clean or replace. Let me know if I can be of further assistance, and have a great day! Mike

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

.