Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

My Roomba is charged and yet does;t run. The light is

Customer Question

My Roomba is charged and yet does;t run. The light is green Sometimes. it sounds like it's going to run, but stops.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the Roomba?

Does it just go an inch (at most) or just twitch, then stop?

I suspect its battery may need replacing. All rechargeable batteries currently used in portable or moving electronic devices, of whatever technology, eventually fail either in delivering voltage level, or in meeting power demands (such as running a motor, in this case as I see it, as opposed to just running routine control circuitry.)

If you need instructions on how to replace the battery, and where to get a replacement battery, tell me the model # ***** your Roomba in Reply, and I shall advise you further.

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)