Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

I go to sew and the bottom thread keeps showing through to

Customer Question

I go to sew and the bottom thread keeps showing through to the top
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I am doing a Disney character and all around the character is the bottom thread showing on the top
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I want to know how to adjust the tension
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That's a matter of adjusting the bottom thread tension higher, or perhaps the upper thread tension a bit lower.

What sewing machine model do you have?

(Generally speaking, a top thread tension setting is easy to see, but the bottom thread (or, bobbin thread) tension setting is much more obscure. Look for a small screw in the area of the bobbin holder or quite near it probably.)