Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

I need detailed information on how to fix the feed dogs on

Customer Question

I need detailed information on how to fix the feed dogs on my Necchi sewing machine model 3577.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What thick material do the feed dogs not work with? or what thickness/gage/etc. ?

Are the feed dogs adjustable enough to manage lighter material?

How old is the Necchi machine in question?

What happens when you try to put the lever into the up position? if the lever falls down again immediately, there may be a spring missing from the lever or the machinery, or the spring may have broken, or some other breakage may have occurred not allowing the lever to stay in place in the feed-dogs-raised position.

Was the machine formerly capable of handling the thick material and the lever formerly able to keep the feed dogs up? if so, a breakage has most likely occurred.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Necchi is approximately 11 yrs old. The material is about 1/4 inch thick. I can still sew thinner material. The feed dogs don't go up and stay up like they did before. Is there a way for me to get a detailed diagram so that I can tell if something is missing or broken.

With lighter fabric, do the feed dogs go up and stay up OK?

I'm sorry I don't have a diagram for your Necchi machine.

But on a search I did find a 'service manual' of sorts. It is for a Necchi machine, it may not at all match yours. But page '8' (by the page #s shown in the graphic pictures of the pages) and '13', which detail cleaning of your machine, might help if you followed them, perhaps:

(I hope this information helps a bit, or more than a bit. I'm sorry that better info was not available.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
With lighter fabric the feed dogs are down so that is not a problem, it when they need to up and won't stay there that makes the sewing impossible. Thanks and I check out the site. I do have my instruction manual but it didn't have a detailed diagram in it.

I must apologize; in case another Expert here has better specifics and information for your model of sewing machine, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

(This does not cut off communication; I can still see and respond to your further postings.)

Necchi 3755 sewing machine, problem RE feed dogs not staying in up position for feeding heavier fabric.