johnnn40, Architect
Experience:  25 plus years experience in the repair of all types of domestic and commercial appliances.

I am working on a Miele 620 Coffee Machine that is giving me

Customer Question

Hi. I am working on a Miele 620 Coffee Machine that is giving me an 'Expel Air' error. This machine has an unknown history - it was bought at an estate sale. I have worked on many other machines but not Miele. I replaced the pump and cleaned the entire machine, descaled, the works. The hot water and steam come out at full force but then the expel air message pops up. I have googled and followed the multiple manuals and nothing has helped.
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am giving the machine back to my friend tomorrow morning. I am hoping not to disappoint him!
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 4 months ago.

Check all water and steam connections for tightness, and make sure the steamed milk spigot is free of hardened residue.

Expert:  johnnn40 replied 4 months ago.

To expand on my previous response, there's a water or steam leak. Water leaks can usually be detected by using a bright flash light and looking for light reflections. Steam leaks are best found by using a cooled inspection mirror, and watching for the mirror to fog up from flowing steam.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.