Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 595 Pet Series iRobot Roomba. There is a barcode

Customer Question

I have a 595 Pet Series iRobot Roomba.
There is a barcode sticker on the side of the box: KYN595021209120800876
There is another barcode on the top of the box: 85155 00375 8
After unpacking my iRobot Roomba when moving from New Mexico to San Diego, CA, I plugged it in thinking that it would recharge after not charging fot 3-5 months. I don't remember if the green light came on. But sometime in the last few months, I pushed the start button. it cleaned one room and then stopped. I don't remember if it made any of the musical sounds or if the orange light came on.
Now when I plug it into the wall it will make a very small sound which sounds like it is trying to charge but neither the orange or green lights come on.
I removed and replaced the battery and the Roomba still only makes the very quiet clicking sounds. Neither light comes on after charging overnight.
Do I need a new battery? Is there anywhere in the San Diego area where I can take the Roomba to have them troubleshoot it?
Thank you,
Mary Clayton (###) ###-#### ***@******.***
12102 Royal Birkdale Row Unit A
San Diego, CA
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If it sat for 5 months without being charged, I suspect you may need a new battery. There is a nice little kit available for a very reasonable cost at the link below!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

You can try resetting it as well, see video below.