kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances

I have an room a 500 series and suddenly it's magnets seem

Customer Question

I have an room a 500 series and suddenly it's magnets seem to not connect with the home base anymore. The robot finds the home base goes over to it but cannot latch on. It turns left and right and scrapes over the contacts but does not latch on. I received a new home base but that is not the problem. It is very clean
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in the field of robotics and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Roomba 500?

Has it had a lot of use?

Please check the sensors as well, when they get dusty the will not be able to home in exactly to the charge base ;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not sure how old exactly the roomba is but I will add a picture to this email. I got it from my son who was not using it. I used the have an older model and chose this one because you can program it. For the last 6 months I have it scheduled to do my two bedroom apartment twice a week. I have no clutter and hardwood floors and clean it after each use so it has been very gently used.
A few weeks ago it suddenly was not lodged to the home base when I came home and when I put it there it kept spinning trying to connect.
I have cleaned the thing top to bottom and then called the service number and had them order me a new home base, but that was not the problem. I have a feeling that somehow the 'magnets' don't work anymore, if that makes sense.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure you received this so I am sending this again. Gerda
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gerda I will be back on Thursday due to a death in family,

I apologize for the delay.

Tech Michael

And yes I did receive the image and the info you sent.

I will have a definite answer for you then.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry for your loss, just let me know when you are back.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gerda, I will be back On Monday all day. SO anytime will be fine to converse with me.

Don't worry we will get this one done;-)

Tech Michael