Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Nutone Vacuum VX475Vacuum works 2 minutes , then

Customer Question

Nutone Vacuum VX475Vacuum works for about 2 minutes , then shuts down for about 10 mints.
I noticed also that the vacuum suction is very powerful but it down;t blow that strong fro the muffler ( exhaust) .
filter is just replaced.could it be the motor is overheating and need to be replaced or the thermal time delay fuse is badalso is it normal for not not much pressure out of the exhaust when it is running
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Almost sure to be the motor and change any filters at the same time. Both cause overtime the motor to overheat and slow down whilst at the same time reducing the suction available.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there no reduction on the suction ,
but is it normal that the exhaust doesn't have strong pressure
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
no but if the filters are blocked it will reduce the pressure
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do you no if there is any filters in this modelalso is there is any chance the the thermal breaker is bad and it is not the motor
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
Is the breaker dedicated to the vacuum system or do you run other things off it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am talking about the thermail breaker inside the vacuum . not the breaker in the electrical panel
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
It could be that but is the thermal breaker not embedded in the winding of that model? I've just searched all the information I have on the VX475 and I cant find a thermal cut-out anywhere available as a spare part. You can buy the complete motor and pcb which seems to be all thats available as repair parts.