Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

I have a Roomba AeroForce . The right wheel seems to be very

Customer Question

I have a Roomba AeroForce . The right wheel seems to be very stiff and the machine will not run. I cleaned out all around the wheel, but it still won't go. What do I do now?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What was the exact message about using an app ? That sounds like an error in the works, possibly a motor that drives that wheel that has gone bad. But it might perhaps be owing to accumulation of dirt in the gears. I advise you to do a thorough and complete cleaning-out of the Roomba, before concluding that it needs repair. What model is your Roomba? Aeroforce as a term applies to several different Roomba model lines, I think. With that info, I shall be able to forward you cleaning instructions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I still need the answer to my question. What can I do to get the Roomba functional?
Examine the right wheel for linear debris, or thread or fibers or string, possibly wrapped around the axle. If there is some, remove it by carefully snipping at it with a pair of sharp-tipped small shears or small scissors, then unwinding, etc.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have removed all the threads and pet fur that I could see or feel, but the wheel is still stiff and turns with difficulty. What else can I check or adjust or whatever to get it up and running as it should?
If that wheel is stuck, and it and its axle has been cleaned thoroughly, then there's not much left except to send the Roomba to repair... or replace it, as you prefer. You've done the right things.