Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

My Electrolux cordless vac will not charge, it is fairly n

Customer Question

My Electrolux cordless vac will not charge, it is fairly new
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think it is probable that you have been sold a defective product.How old is it? Is it full (of dust etc.), or has it ever been run while full ? that can be bad for a vacuum cleaner of any type, it tends to make the motor in it work harder, which can lead to overheating and damage. If it is less than a year old, you might be justified in returning it as defective within warranty, for warranty-covered servicing. But before I recommend that altogether, I would rather hear a little more about it, the age of the vacuum and its background.