kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances

Superautomatic espresso machines? Brew group keeps getting

Customer Question

Superautomatic espresso machines? Brew group keeps getting stuck half position.
Category: Small Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My machine: Saeco Odea Giro
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the full model #?Also its age?And please explain exactly when it gets stuck and what happens then?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Michael. Thanks for the response.
Model # ***** Saeco Odea Giro
It is an old machine, at least 5 years old?
I shot a video, so you can see what happens after I unscrew the input sleeve and reset the brew unit to neutral, and the gear back to neutral position. You can hear the machine sounds normal, but then the motor slows down, as if impeded by something, just before the lights start flashing.
I have had it recently repaired for this problem, but it was intermittent and the tech "tuned it up" (replaced gaskets) and replaced a sensor.
Now, it gets stuck every time, and you have to unscrew the input sleeve to remove the brew unit.
Thanks for your efforts.