Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Viking 2 slice toaster, that has stopped staying down

Customer Question

I have a Viking 2 slice toaster, that has stopped staying down when you depress the button
that lowers the bread into the slots
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The most common to cause the issue you are having is lack of power to the toaster or something jammed in the slots. Are you sure the outlet is live and does it feel like something is jammed inside?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The outlet is live and nothing is jamming it
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
If you hold the button down, does it heat or rattle at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes when you hold it down it heats up, but no rattling, just a buzzing sound from the heating
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
The issue is mechanical within the mechanism but no parts are available for it and Viking no longer carries toasters. They are offering a product exchange for a 9 1/2" fry pan on the 4 slot toasters. You may be able to take advantage of that. See the link below. CLICK HERE