Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

I have a Brother DB2-B756-5, I cannot get the stitch length

Customer Question

I have a Brother DB2-B756-5, I cannot get the stitch length to stay at the setting. Now I cannot move the hand wheel. What suggestions would you have?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the workings are seizing up, the stitch length might vary according to how much seized up the working were, I can see that.Having the hand wheel not movable is a severe defect in the mechanical workings, I'm sorry to have to say. You should stop trying to drive the machine with the motor (or it may overheat and burn out), and the machine (if not subjected to a major snarl of thread in the obvious workings) should be taken to a Brother Authorized Repair shop to have the problem fixed. (Note: if you have not performed periodic lubrication of the machine, that can be one cause of the works seizing up.) If you are in Puerto Rico, then the one listed Brother Authorized Service Center for Brother-made sewing machines and home embroidery machines is CAMPOS SEWING MACHINESJARDINES FAGOT 2603 PONTEVEDRAPONCE, , 00716,***@******.***